I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School, Wellington, NZ. I am in Room 13 and a member of the amazing Pouakai Syndicate. My teacher is Ms Tito.

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Cross Country

Its my big day, I'm waiting at the start line nervously,Every bone in my body is shaking like a loose screw on a car wheel ."On your marks get set go" yells Mr O'C. That was me ,I started to run around  the small block it  felt like  a small Volcano had erupted in my body, that little  urge to go faster.Finally it was time to run up the big hill Ranui Terrace .That was the worst bit of the whole thing I was so sore. As I was running down the hill I could see all the smiling faces cheering me on . All I could think about was trying to push myself  to go faster  and those two words that Mr Rickard Taught me "keep moving ".

Finally I could see the school again I began to push myself even more like a lion trying to get its pray. I could see people in front of me as I  passed them I said "Thank you have a good run " And they laughed. As I saw the few 100 m i sprinted my heart out. Everyone was cheering it made my feel happy like a rainbow was sharing its love into my tired heart. That day I missed out by one place I came 11th as I went to give in my card Miss T told me to do a big smile into her iPhone"Well done Miss T"  said and I was walked back to class.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa

    You had a few spelling errors but define that it was a pretty good story:)
    Eden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    I really enjoyed reading your story. You used some really good words in your story. My favourite sentence was, 'Every bone in my body is shaking like a loose screw on a car wheel'. Well done on coming 11th!
    Did you know that Ms. Tito used to teach at my school? Well she did.
    Another similarity I have with you is that I am in Room 13 as well. But I am in Year 5. Anyway, great story!!!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve.